Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Questioning GW and fear of maintenance

F/33/SW 209lbs/CW 132lbs/GW ?

Thanks so much to this sub, you're amazing!

I started loosing in november 2018, honestly I never thought I would make it this far or stick with my plan (CICO, IF 16:8, vegan, 3-4x cardio per week, some strength training thrown in) this time. But I did, yay! I feel absolutely amazing... but I have questions:

1) When I started I put my goal weight at 140lbs, because that put me in the healthy bmi range. I've always been obese/overweight so I had no idea what to expect. As I got near that weight I thougt it would be nice to have some wriggle room, I expect to have less time/energy for my weight/fitness goals starting next year due to increased workload. So I put my GW at 130. Now I'm questioning if I'm happy with that, I'd like to look thinner (legs and belly mainly). I calculated my ideal weight at 123, again, I have no idea what that would feel like... I know I could tone up, focus on muscle growth instead of cardio, but I love my runs, that's my main stress relief, and I just don't like strength training as much. I tried to do both but I couldn't fit 5x per week into my schedule.

So my question is, what do you think my goal weight should be, or how do I find out what weight feels best for me?

2) I think contributing to my insecurities about the first question is that while I successfully lost (some) weight in the past (for a while), I was never able to maintain my weight loss. I gained it back (and more) pretty quickly as soon as I stopped dieting. I fear I just don't know how to keep the weight off (without aiming to loose more). I evaluated my past attempts and I know my diet back then wasn't sustainable, I lost the weight too quickly and didn't stick with it. With what I'm doing now I think I can do this for the rest of my life, I found a plan that works for me and my life... BUT... I'm still sooo afraid of gaining everything back, I don't ever want to do this again cause it was sooo hard, and I never want to be obese again.

Thanks for reading, any advice/tips or your own experiences would be greatly appreciated

submitted by /u/viviputu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hvJ8OH

No comments:

Post a Comment