Thursday, June 18, 2020

Starting another journey!

Female, 26, 5"5. CW: 167lb GW: 133lb

Hey! My first post here so I hope it's alright and adheres to guidelines.

I've struggled with my weight for years now. In 2017, I weighed 185lbs. I gained a load of weight during university and carried it for around a year and felt really down about myself.

For my wedding (August 2018) I weighed 150lbs. I did this by low carbing and then going on a very well-known points based diet. I felt great actually, although nowhere close where I wanted to be, I look back at the photos and think "I'm so glad I lost weight for my wedding!"

Since then though, it's been an uphill battle gaining and losing weight and generally sticking around the 160 mark....

Well the lockdown enforcement came and I treated it as if was Christmas everyday for about a month, eating my feelings due to being furloughed! My weight increased to 171lbs and if I had continued, I would be back to my very start weight at 185lbs. Theres no doubt about it. It's so easily done! I stepped on the scales and thought "nope! Not going back there" so I've started tracking again and have a lost a little bit of weight.

I have calculated my TDEE and it comes back with 1800 which seems about right as I have quite a high body fat percentage. I carry my weight on my upper body and face (thanks parents!!) so it's very unflattering especially in photos. So I have set my calorie intake to 1300 a day which is I have seen is quite popular here to reduce by 500kcals.

My dilemma is, my husband seems to think I should set my calories to 1600 because if I a plateau, I won't be able to readjust on 1300. I've tried 1600 before many times and it's so close to my TDEE the weight loss is very minimal and doesn't allow me any leeway. I also find that I can easily put weight on in this calorie region. I do go on hour long walks & bike rides a few times a week and on those days, I plan to eat some of those calories back but still stay around 1300 net calories.

Does this sound like a good place to set my calories, or is my husband right? Does anybody have any advice on plateaus and if you're already on very low calories, what do you do to lose weight?

submitted by /u/sskk13
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BmpTGt

No comments:

Post a Comment