Friday, June 5, 2020

Things I learned from my first LoseitChallenge

I realize a lot of these things may be a "duh" reaction to people who have known them forever, but these are things I learned that encouraged me to keep going during the LoseitChallenge.

  1. Support groups are amazing
    Being in the discord for my team was a little outside of my comfort zone, but I joined and it was incredible. Being surrounded by wholesome people with similar goals was a breath of fresh air, especially during my country's lock-down. I was worried reading about other people’s successes would make me feel very disappointed in myself. Instead, it was uplifting as I saw people who struggle with some of the same things I do, but they worked hard to overcome the obstacles presented by them. It inspired me daily to make good choices.
  2. Maintaining is perfectly acceptable
    I started with, what I thought, was a reasonable goal of a 5 pound weight loss...only to then find myself stuck indoors for the duration of the challenge. I managed to maintain my start weight, which didn’t really feel like a success until I started hearing family lamenting on 5-10 pound gains during lock-down. Now, I’ve finally dropped a pound and am beaming with this tiny victory that I want to carry further as 2020 continues (despite the metaphorical dumpster fires around me).
  3. Everything can help
    One of our team members challenged us to have at least 20 minutes of activity a day in May. 20 minutes definitely did not sound difficult and quickly became adapted into my daily routine. On days when I thought “I really don’t want to…” I remembered that not only was I doing this for my health, I was doing this activity for the team! Admittedly, as the weeks progressed I became very lax in remembering to log activity. Thanks to our fearless leader, I forced myself to log my weight each week to show I was still here and still trying to do what I could.
  4. It’s okay to start your journey anywhere
    Maybe I’m not a jogger now, but I can do pilates! Maybe I’m currently garbage at counting calories, but I can still write down what I eat! No one goes to bed and wakes up the next morning a completely changed person, ready to evict all bad habits they may have formed over the years. The little things sometimes are the biggest victories because they help you grow into the person you want to become instead of staring at the goal with your feet cemented in the ground.

Overall, I’m so happy to have participated in my first LoseitChallenge and want to take everything I’ve learned and continue to apply it to my life!

submitted by /u/Quinbly
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UeYxc8

No comments:

Post a Comment