Friday, June 5, 2020

I'm taking a break for a week

Not sure if this deserves its own post but I'm really frustrated with food recently.

I've lost nearly 18lbs so far since I started in April and its been going really well in quarantine, but this week is going to be difficult and I already know I don't want to spend every second of it worrying about food.

This is the first week I've been reunited with my family in three months! I've been so freaking happy and grateful that I get to see everyone, and we're all cooking old family favorites nearly every day. It feels like a holiday, and jumping right into these festivities after nearly 2 months of controlling my diet to 1200 calories was hard at first.

Eventually, I've kind of given myself some slack. We've got my sister's graduation this week and then in 5 days we get on a plane out of the country for the summer. I don't want my memories of this time to be about me worrying about food, especially if it'll just cause arguments with my family. I've decided to take a break from calorie counting for exactly one week: During this time I will eat whatever I want BUT the catch is that I will not binge, I have to eat normal portions (similar to TDEE), I'll still eat loads of fruits/veggies with every meal, and I have to drink my usual 96oz of water.

I'm not sure how this week will play out. I'm a little scared of losing control but I was starting to get really really focused on calories in an unhealthy way (my last 'meal' was literally 0 cal miso soup with a 100cal block of tofu, YIKES). Eating was starting to become a source of anxiety even though it shouldn't ever be that way. I'm also reminded of how much I love food; I love cooking with my family and I hope maybe I can even introduce them to some of my new healthy favorites.

Anyways... I'm so worried about gaining weight but I'm trying to stay positive! I know this probably isn't the best for my overall weight loss, but I'm willing to sacrifice a week because realistically, my goal is to lose another 20lbs by the end of October, and at 1lb a week, this shouldn't be too hard to achieve :)

submitted by /u/mmefosca
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UeM5sG

No comments:

Post a Comment