Friday, June 5, 2020

Transwoman: are my goals achievable?

This is my first post here, and I'm looking for advice. But before I get into it, here are recent pics of me (front and side, no makeup, please be nice D: ) SFW: https://imgur.com/a/FfOukRz

Thanks ahead of time for reading, I'm trying to be brief, I promise!

I'm a 29 year old Transgender woman (male-to-female) and I'm 5'10", and I'm currently 172 lbs. Other than slightly broad shoulders (it's not that bad, really) and extremely muscular legs I am pretty happy with my proportions. For the side questions re: hormones: I began my transition 2.5 years ago. My hormone levels have been 100% in female range for the past year and a half (which I can explain in exhausting detail if you're interested, suffice to say: I store fat and gain muscle like a lady).

Before I transitioned I was into powerlifting and bodybuilding. Throughout my transition I was committed to transform those interests into bootybuilding. For example, my deadlift before transition was 405lbs for reps, after/during transition (as recently as 6 months ago), I could hip thrust 360lbs or so. I have since taken a huge step back from those numbers due to a couple surgeries (not exciting ones, just a bilateral orchiectomy) and realizing my goals were far less in line with the barbell than I thought.

When I was living as a man I weighed 225-230, and I lost a great deal of muscle and male-pattern fat over the course of the first year of my transition, and proceeded to booty-bulk and maintain for the following year. At 5'10" 172, I'd like to weigh less, but I know I will probably always weigh more than cisgirls. This makes it super hard to know what goal to set, so I tried to come up with some that were less scale-focused:

Goal 1: Reduce the size of my legs. My thighs are 23 inches thick, and my calves are roughly 16 inches, and neither have budged much since the beginning of this current bout of weight loss. I am not trying to lose a lot of size in either, but I'd like to have more proportional legs. I never eat more than 40 grams of protein per day in an effort to make them shrink a bit, as that's what was communicated by this article and this article. I have also run (not consistently, I admit) but I do walk consistently. Based on these links, you can probably guess that my long-term goal is to be much smaller (probably closer to 150), but I'm setting small, achievable goals before trying to get lost in the length of the journey.

Goals 2 & 3: To have a more defined waistline, specifically, I think 27 inches would really be where I'd like to land (it's currently 28.25, down from 31 at 185). However, my waist has not budged since hitting 175. And losing a bit of size in my biceps (currently 11 inches, unflexed) has also stalled.

Basically, the question I'm trying to answer is due to my difference in frame and bone-density: Do I have the potential to lose a great deal more, to where my GW of 164 won't achieve my non-scale goals, or do I not have much less to lose, and I would be potentially harming myself by trying to go significantly lower (closer to 150)?

All (sane) discussion and questions are welcome. :)

submitted by /u/Wileydj
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37fQj97

No comments:

Post a Comment