Tuesday, June 9, 2020

UPDATE: Weight loss journey - Week 1

Description Weight Date
Starting weight 127.5kg 2020-06-03
Week 1 (Current) 121.8kg 2020-06-10
Soft target 90kg
Happy target 80-85kg
Goal weight 75kg

Backstory

On 3rd June 2020 I restarted my weight loss journey. In 2017 I had managed to get from 135kg down to 98kg before suffering a dislocated shoulder which put a pause on my weight management and since then my weight slowly increased until a routine health checkup showed my blood pressure to be out of control. Further detail can be found in my previous post here

A visit with a dietitian helped me identify the main cause of my increase in weight, and with guidance and a structured meal plan I am starting to get back on track.

I have set 3 different goal weights.

  • 75kg is the ultimate goal. That is what I want to get back to. I say "back" even though I haven't weighed that since I was 18 years old.
  • 80-85kg is where I would be happy with myself. That is the weight that will see me in a position where my health is easy to manage.
  • 90kg is the "health" target. That should see my blood pressure returning to a normal result.

Last week

On Wednesday I saw a dietitian who gave me a meal plan with some very simple ideas for what to eat and when. Basically it boils down to 1600 cal per day broken down as follows

  • 350 cal breakfast
  • 150 cal morning tea
  • 475 cal lunch
  • 150 cal afternoon tea
  • 475 cal dinner

My diet has been

  • Breakfast: Porridge and a banana
  • Morning tea: Either a piece of fruit or 150g of yoghurt
  • Lunch: Small lunch (either leftover dinner from previous night or sandwich)
  • Afternoon tea: Either a piece of fruit or 150g of yoghurt
  • Dinner: Small dinner

My wife tends to prepare dinner each night since the foods which I am able to cook she is not fond of, therefore the only way that I am able to control my intake here is either in portion sizing or suggesting alternative ingredients. I tend to under-eat breakfast and lunch so that there is a little bit of a deficit when it comes to dinner just in case.

While I have managed to lose 5.7kg in the past week, I am well aware that this rate is not going to continue. Hopefully it continues for just a couple of more weeks, at least until I am under 110kg. I plan to provide an update each week here to track my progress as well as to keep myself honest.

submitted by /u/Joker-Smurf
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fd6gj3

No comments:

Post a Comment