Tuesday, June 16, 2020

UPDATE Weight loss journey week 2

Description Weight Date
Starting weight 127.5kg 2020-06-03
Week 1 121.8kg 2020-06-10
Week 2 119.6kg 2020-06-17
Soft target 90kg
Happy target 80-85kg
Goal weight 75kg

Last week

Thursday

I decided that it would be a good idea to climb the emergency stairs in my apartment building. That meant walking up 378 steps, and then back down approximately 450 (I started at my level, but walked out at ground floor). As per my normal behaviour, this seemed like a good idea at the time but was clearly very difficult to complete and I ended up a little light headed by the time I reached the top. The walk down was very careful as I was concerned that I may fall/pass out from the previous exertion and afterwards my wife and I went for a short 2km walk. When we stopped for a few minutes so that my wife could talk to one of her friends, both of my legs started shaking uncotrollably. I wish I could say that this is a rare occurrence, however I have experienced it a number of times during my life usually when I push it too hard too soon.

Friday

Not wanting to repeat the mistake of the previous day, but still wanting to utilise the stairway as a means to burn some calories, I elected to do 2 climbs during the day, but only going up 10 floors each time (not the 21 I did on Thursday). I also had an appointment with a Physio who identified an issue with my right outer-quad (he used the correct name, but I cannot recall what it was) which was pulling my patella to the outside when my knee is bent. It isn't a major problem and is easily fixed with (painful) deep tissue massage and exercise.

Saturday

My wife and I went into the City because we had to pick something up. While there I suggested we do a little walk which I used to do a few years ago. Unfortunately the weather was overcast, but it was still a nice walk however my legs were really starting to hurt. At the time I was unsure whether it was due to the massage from the prior day or some doms from the stairclimb but it was a difficult day of walking. (btw, I now suspect it to be the doms)

Sunday

I woke up this morning and weighed myself as per usual. 120.1kg, which is exactly the same as it had been since Friday. I was a little annoyed at that, but still determined to go on, however with the level of pain I was in in my legs I elected to take it easy today.

Monday

Weighed myself and was happy. 119.9kg! A slight drop from the previous day, but it shows that it is still going down. About 45 minutes later I needed to relieve myself and then I re-weighed in at 119.1kg.

Summary

While I ended this week only losing 2.2kg, the lowest I weighed myself was yesterday at 118.1kg (total drop of 3.7kg). I am not sure why or how it went up by 1.5kg yesterday but I am going to keep dropping it down.

submitted by /u/Joker-Smurf
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dc9RfI

No comments:

Post a Comment