Monday, April 19, 2021

Am I doing something wrong? It feels like my weight loss has slow to a crawl.

Like the title of the post says - it feels like my weight loss has slowed down significantly.

I'm female, 33, 5'4. I started out at 247, am currently at 217.4 (would like to ideally be at 130 but am aiming for 150 for now). I started practicing CICO and going to the gym/working out seriously around mid-February, right after Valentine's Day. This week I have lost only 0.6lbs. The week before that it was only 1lb. Before then, it seemed like I was losing at 1.5-2lbs a week.

6 days out of the week I eat 1200 calories. Saturday is my "cheat" day where I eat 1500-2000 calories; I don't limit myself during the week - if I want a candy bar, I'll have it - but Saturday is the day I give myself a break to go out with friends without obsessing over going over my calorie limit. I'm also drinking at least 1 gallon of water a day. Honestly, I never feel like I'm starving myself and I'm extremely aware of how many calories I eat a day; I log everything. I use LoseIt to track my calories. I did notice I was eating a lot of carbs, so I cut back on those two weeks ago.

I go to the gym 6 days a week. Weight lifting 2x a week, Muay Thai every Friday. Every day of the week I'm getting in at least 5000 steps and Sun-Thurs I also walk for an hour on the treadmill (brisk pace, mostly small/moderate incline, but at least 10 minutes of the max incline). I also go hiking with a friend usually once a week in addition to this.

Additionally, I also do IF. I would love to say I'm extremely strict about this, but a handful of times since I started I've broken my fast an hour early. Truthfully, for me, IF is just an easier way to hold myself accountable to CICO; if I eat breakfast when I wake up at 7 in the morning, I'm starving the rest of the day. IF has actually curbed my appetite somewhat.

My BMR is 1,674 calories a day. My TDEE (light exercise a week, since honestly I'm not always killing myself at the gym) is 2,302 calories a day. (Even if I had a sedentary lifestyle, my TDEE would be 2,009 calories).

I have read suggestions on other posts to eat at your TDEE for your goal weight - for me, at an ideal of 130lbs, that would be a BMR of 1,280 and TDEE of 1,536-1,760.

I'm really dedicated to losing weight and getting in shape, and I want to do it right. I'm still losing, which is great! But I don't understand why I'm losing at a much slower pace now since I really haven't changed anything. A friend of mine (female, my age) lost 80lbs in 2020 basically just doing CICO and nothing else, whereas I'm working hard and feel like I've lost practically nothing. Is it just a matter of being patient or am I missing something?

submitted by /u/majesdane
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gortui

No comments:

Post a Comment