Monday, April 19, 2021

I really could use some motivation 33M 6’0 2??lbs

To all the lovely folks of LoseIt,

Somewhere along my weight loss journey, I backslid. This time last year I was 30lbs from my goal weight at 6’0 and 210lbs. This was down from 350lbs 2 years ago. I had made tremendous strides.

When Covid hit I was stronger than ever. Working from home was the greatest thing that could ever happen to me. I was working out consistently 2 hours a day. I was eating only home cooked meals. I committed to being the healthiest I could ever be.

Then August 2020 my job informed me that I would need to come into the office. Someone was leaving and they needed me to fill their role. That was fine, but I did lose a chunk of my exercise time. The only issue with my job was the snacks. I guess because of covid they just started buying snacks in full bulk. I was good at ignoring them at first. Then I just would try one, because why not? I had learned how to eat healthy. For the most part I was doing just fine.

Then came my divorce. I'd been separated from my wife for some time. I had started to date again. Somewhere around September, my family decided to go nuclear over my decision to get divorced. I won't get too far into it but basically, I just received emotional dump after emotional dump of family members giving me advice. On top of that I lost a very close family member.

Despite telling myself for ever that “excuses don't burn calories” I started excusing my behavior. I started treating myself more and more. I ate out a LOT. Before I knew it I was eating out for every single meal. I slowly watched my weight crawl up. Each time I decided I was going to get back on track. Intermittent fasting, keto, paleo, CICO, I tried (and failed) at all of them.

At this point, I'm afraid to weigh myself. I know I'm under 300 still. I don't think by very much. It's so disheartening to think about losing all that weight again. How are effectively 6 months I destroyed 2 years of hard work? I came here to warn people not to slip up, but also to see if anyone has a good idea on how to get back on track. I feel trapped with no way out at this point. Today for maybe the tenth time I'm saying “Enough.” Maybe I'm just writing all this out so I'm more accountable, maybe I'm just appealing for help.

TLDR;

Was so close to my end goal. Gained back 60% or so of my lost weight.

submitted by /u/InpatientatArkham
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2P2FPoN

No comments:

Post a Comment