Saturday, April 17, 2021

Being Called Gross

I was out today with my husband and some new "friends" at a cider place (outdoors), and my husband pulled me close to him and gave me a kiss on the cheek. One of the guys at the table with us said under his breath, but loud enough for me to hear, a very exaggerated "gross". The guy next to him turned and laughed. We are all in our thirties, so no, I'm not a high schooler. It was subtle, but I noticed, and it pretty much ruined what was otherwise a nice afternoon.

As an overweight woman, I always have this feeling of inferiority under the surface. I'm on a weight loss journey, but I will never be skinny, and honestly I've always sort of felt this way no matter how small I am. However, it's been a rough couple of years and I'm bigger than I'm used to being. I don't like it when my husband is affectionate with me in public because of this very reason. It's like I have to act like a completely asexual being, like I'm apologizing for my existence, because, of course, why would anyone in their right mind think I was attractive.

The reason I tell this story is I wonder if there are other people feel the same way, or if I'm just being sensitive. I am feeling really low, and the only thing I can think of is how much it makes me want to starve myself until I have "corrected" the problem. I'm not sure there is an answer but it would be awesome if some asshole comment didn't send me into a tailspin. Any tips for feeling ok about yourself while you're on your weight loss journey?

submitted by /u/gingermill53
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dtopv2

No comments:

Post a Comment