Saturday, April 3, 2021

Calorie-counting as a teenager

Hi there! I'm 15f, 5'8, 187lbs. I'm horrible at sticking to weight loss plans but really want to get into shape so I can do horseback riding and just in general live a healthier life. My parents also want me to lose weight, this isn't the reason I'm doing it but it's certainly a motivator. After stalking this sub for a bit I've learned that calorie counting is key, which was initially great news because I generally dislike a lot of workouts and love the idea of losing weight without an inordinate amount of exercise. However, I'm unsure how I'm supposed to count calories as a teenager/person who is still dependent on parents. Bar breakfast, I don't prepare my own food and can't weigh it before eating. My mom usually makes up recipes on the spot or makes them from memory so I can't log those either. Is there something I can do instead of tracking exact calories? Or is the only way to lose weight in this situation detaching my eating from my family's and somehow convincing my parents to let me make my own food? Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/TheMadPangolin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sTtYbe

No comments:

Post a Comment