Saturday, April 3, 2021

40lb loss milestone, 1k cal deficit. Sedentary male, 33, starting weight 235

https://imgur.com/2OqREB1

33 male, 6’1”, starting weight 235.

Excited to have hit the 40lb milestone and be 10-15lbs away from target. Wanted to share to encourage others that simple calorie deficit worked for me and may work for you too. From the start I've just counted calories with MFP and targeted 1k/day deficit (-2lbs per week). I didn't restrict any particular foods or follow any other strategy. I'm fairly sedentary and didn't do any exercise during this other than occasional walks. Also, I wasn't perfect in hitting the daily target. I'd be a little over, a little under, or a lot over on occasions (maybe once every 2 weeks-ish). In general, I tried not to be too hard on myself throughout the process.

I like calorie counting because it's simple and my result data aligns very closely with my target weight loss rate. Hopefully my success can encourage someone else looking for a simple plan. Happy to answer any questions.

submitted by /u/caloriedeficit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3wq8yos

No comments:

Post a Comment