Sunday, April 18, 2021

Confused - scale shows weight loss but thinking different

This may be a longish post, sorry about that. I'll try to get right to the point.

I've had some weight gain in 2020 mostly, about 30 or so pounds give or take, and I hate it. I'm on a med called Seroquel that's renown for causing weight gain and metabolic problems. Although I blame it mostly on myself, it's a combo of the med and eating habits that caused me to balloon up - and also the fact that I was unemployed for 8 months and barely active at all.

So, in 2018 I had gotten myself down to 178 pounds. 6ft tall, 23 yrs old.

From summer 2018 to 2020, I gained up to 228 pounds. a solid 50 pound difference.

February 2020 I clocked in at 204, and that was before 8 months unemployment when from February 2020 to August of 2020 I gained up to 228. So, september 2020 I clocked in at 228 pounds on the scale at the doctors, as well as my personal home scale.

I got a job working as a custodian, walking like 19k steps a shift. This has helped tremendously in keeping me active and I'm grateful for it.

On april 3, I weighed myself in at a scale at school and it showed 212 pounds. I was confused.. So I double checked with a 2nd scale, and then put batteries in mine at home, and they all clocked in at 212! So, okay I thought.. something could still be wrong.

The thing that confuses me is that January 4th or so, I went to the doc and she reported only a 1 pound loss. So I must have clocked in at 227 then. How is it possible to lose 15 pounds in 3 months... And I really don't notice much of a difference physically at all.. Is it just a coincidence or what? Also, I checked myself 13 days after on April 16, and the scale reported the same weight. I'm just so confused, if I'm losing weight I'm happy about that but something tells me this is off and I don't want to get my hopes up. For sure though I used the same scale in the same place with the same clothes, and from september showed a 16 pound drop. But I sure as hell don't feel it and in the last 13 days I haven't lost anything. This is stupid to worry about but I just feel like something is up with the measurements and that possibly I haven't lost anything at all.

submitted by /u/willjerauld
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ef3JFX

No comments:

Post a Comment