Saturday, April 17, 2021

Does this sound like body dysmorphia?

My apologies if this isn’t the correct sub for this.

I (24F, 5’4’’) have lost a total of 70 lbs in the last 9 months. I started at 206 lbs and now weigh about 134 lbs.

I’ve started to shift into maintaining my weight. I want to live a better, more balanced lifestyle, so I no longer count calories. I still try to eat healthy during the week but on the weekends I like to enjoy a drink and dining out with my boyfriend and family.

I struggle during the week, whenever I eat something that I wouldn’t have when I was trying to lose weight, I feel EXTREMELY guilty, though I know that my maintenance calories allow me to eat more than I was. (For the record I am still very slowly losing weight, eating more and dining out more hasn’t caused me to gain any weight-yet).

When I started my weight loss journey, my goal weight was 150 lbs. Then it was 140 lbs. Then it was 135 lbs. I’m worried that I’m never going to be happy with what I see in the mirror. I love how I feel in clothes now but when I look at my body it still looks so fat to me.

I’m struggling between not wanting to lose anymore weight and maintain this weight, wanting to enjoy a beer and burger on occasion, and feeling extremely guilty whenever I do. Has anyone ever felt something similar? How do you know when it’s time to maintain your weight? How did you learn to love your new body?

submitted by /u/Hanner800
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dndhQa

No comments:

Post a Comment