Thursday, April 22, 2021

Feeling disheartened - I don't know if I want to diet anymore

It was worth it at first because it worked, but I just feel like all the calorie counting, food weighing, depriving myself of things I really want and being hungry a lot became nothing but a waste of time when I hit an unbreakable plateau. I took a break against my better judgment recently out of frustration and now I'm struggling to get back on the wagon because I just don't want to deal with all the fuss of logging and measuring knowing full well it won't work anymore anyway.

I want to lose more weight and I know it takes work, but it is unbelievably frustrating, discouraging, irritating and depressing when you just feel like you're doing everything you're supposed to be doing and it still fails. Every single list of things that doctors recommend for weight loss (drink more water, eat more fiber, walk a little, eat more vegetables, etc.) are things I'm already doing.

I'm at a point where I've begun researching pro-ana diets and gastric sleeve diets because I figure I can at least quit counting/logging calories if all I eat every day is half a banana and three cucumber slices.

No advice needed, I'm just ranting and raving. I was supposed to get back on my diet at the start of this week and I got lazy because I'm tired of diet diet diet and no progress. I wish I could just know for sure that my efforts would pay off if I get back on my diet again, but part of me is starting to wonder if maybe I should accept my current weight as the end of my journey because it seems like my body's not willing to move past this number.

submitted by /u/BingoHighway
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3veUGfo

No comments:

Post a Comment