Thursday, April 22, 2021

I need to lose fat AND gain muscle - help with my plan, please.

Hi, all.

I went from 345lbs-197lbs in 2019 from CICO and finding this sub. I never thought weight loss was possible, and thought my body was just different and didn't work like other bodies. I gained some back over COVID (first relationship for over a year, he decided he didn't like sex or want to touch me, so that's been depressing).

I want to join the US Navy in December or January, so right now I am focusing on losing weight for that.

It seems to me like it's not a great idea to try and focus on building muscle while in a steep deficit to lose weight as efficiently and quickly as possible.

Turning 27 in a couple months is freaking me out a little. I've made progress with my body but I've never put on muscle. Even in the 190's my body doesn't have the shape or look that I thought it would - I learned it's because I have very low muscle tone in my upper body.

I've already missed out on parts of life because of my body. Guys my age around me are getting married, settling down and having kids. I haven't had any love or adventure in my life and I'm hoping to be able to go after what I want in the years moving forward.

I may go back to the gym now that it's open and do my weight routine while I'm working to lose weight for the Navy. Then once I'm at my goal, I'll eat more and focus on muscle building. I don't have any friends who lift weights or are into fitness, so I'm hoping I'll make some in the Navy and really focus on lifting on deployments when there's not much else to do.

I just feel like I look better as I get older - as a teen and early 20's I was very heavy and dressed badly. But I see guys around me going the opposite way, and I'm afraid I didn't enjoy life enough when I was younger. (quarter life crisis? lol)

Any help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/FrozenSandwichHater
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ejKHhQ

No comments:

Post a Comment