Thursday, April 22, 2021

Any advice for Grave’s Disease?

So I have recently been diagnosed with Graves Disease. Before I was diagnosed, I lost about 10 pounds and was finally feeling ok with my body.

Turns out the weight loss was a symptom (my only symptom) of an insanely overactive thyroid. Now I’m on medication and of course my thyroid is better, but I’ve gained about 10 pounds and I hate myself again.

I know it’s bad to tie my weight to my worth, but I have depression and I can’t help feeling kinda worthless. Also I’m pissed since it’s about to be summer and I have to wear a bathing suit :(

I have been at college and I’m about to go home, and I really don’t want my family to see me this way since they have made comments on my weight in the past. They’re all naturally very thin.

I’m angry!! And so sad and I don’t know how to not despise myself. If anyone has some tips for weight loss with Graves Disease or Hashimoto’s I would love to hear it <3

Edit: I know 10 pounds is not a lot, but the scale goes up every time I look at it. I am now heavier than I was before my thyroid issues

submitted by /u/sushidemon4
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3enjcDZ

No comments:

Post a Comment