Monday, April 12, 2021

How Frozen is Helping me Lose Weight

So today, I'm(20M) down ten pounds from my highest weight after about four months of struggling to find the long-lasting motivation that I need to lose weight and keep it off long term.

I've been overweight since I was a teenager, but never more than ten to fifteen pounds (read: never enough for my doctor to call me out, no matter how much that would have helped me). After graduating high school, I gained more weight. I never broke 150, and even though that's still obese for my height (5 feet even, God cursed me), I thought, "Well, I'm under 200lbs, so I'm not that fat."

During quarantine, I hit my highest weight of 165.5. My joints ached. I've got an old injury from when I was more active and it hurt carrying that 40-60 pounds of extra weight. Something had to change.

This January, I tried cracking down on my food intake. And it worked! For a while. As soon as I hit a plateau, I gave up. I went back to eating what I wanted when I wanted, wasting my money on fast food, and not caring. About three week ago, I got the courage to step back on the scale again and... I was at 160. I hadn't jumped back up to my highest weight, but I had gained back four pounds of my progress.

Well, a few weeks ago I hopped back on the wagon. I'm down to 155.5, the lowest I've gotten so far, and I don't see myself stumbling as much as I did at the very beginning of the year. I think one of my biggest mistakes in January was thinking way too big picture. I planned out my diet weeks ahead of time, and was very impatient with myself and my weight loss. This time around, I'm planning only for my work week and I'm looking forward only to losing the next pound. I'm tracking my progress pound by pound too, and I'm not going to get ahead of myself.

My biggest problem with eating is spur of the moment, instinct decisions like grabbing fast food because I see the restaurant or eating way more than a serving size of a treat because that's what my greedy lil hands grab. I've still got those thoughts, those urges, and those instincts. What I've started to do is say to myself "Do the next right thing." It's a cheesy line from a cheesy movie, but it works. I'm not looking too far ahead, I'm just thinking about this one decision this one time.

Those Next Right Things add up. I'll keep you guys updated on how this works for me in the long term, but it makes me feel good and it's really helping. Thank you Frozen for giving me this little tool via the most heartbreaking song in the second movie.

submitted by /u/bazzyzazzy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3daqwDv

No comments:

Post a Comment