Tuesday, April 13, 2021

How to break up with my old clothes

I've seen a lot of posts about whether to keep clothes that are too big after weight loss, but I'm having the opposite problem.

I've been at my highest weight for the past year, despite a few false starts at losing weight. I'm now post-grad school and have clothes from pretty much every weight "stage" of my adult life: college when I was in the 120s-130s, grad school when I was in the 130s-140s, and now when I'm in the 140s-150s.

I want to cut down on my closet because it makes me sad to open my closet and see that 2/3 of it doesn't fit me right and it seems like a waste of space in my small apartment. Nostalgia aside, I feel like I'll regret getting rid of these clothes when I finally do lose the weight and have to buy a new wardrobe. At the same time, having them sit there and take up space that could be filled with clothes that I can actually wear doesn't make sense either.

Any advice on how to get over this mental hurdle?

submitted by /u/agirloficeandfire
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RypGZ7

No comments:

Post a Comment