Tuesday, April 13, 2021

320->171 and stepping on stage for bodybuilding show

imgur.com/cZHnYx1

I was 320lbs in college and last weekend stepped on a body building stage and got third

imgur.com/a/uFm38jt

It took many years and I never had the drop 100lbs in 6 months stretch. I had periods where I lost a lot very quickly and many maintenance stages. Losing weight is never a linear line and you should expect to fail often. So often in fact, that you will get discouraged. I think many people will tell you not to beat yourself up and stay positive. Personally, I never lost more weight than when I hated myself. The amount of times I told myself to go fuck myself for wanting food is immeasurable. This does mean my relationship with food is still very unhealthy. I binge often and my best weight loss is when I go the longest without binging.

My best advice for losing weight.

  1. Count calories. Everyone knows it so just do it. Even if it is only for a week the amount of information you gain from counting calories will help more than anything else.
  2. All changes should be small and sustainable. Do not go keto, do not go to 1200 calories, do not start working out 6 days a weeks right away. Add things in slowly and if you find the change to be detrimental trade it for something else.
  3. Strength train. I am blessed genetically with the ability to lift heavy weights and not everyone has that. However, if you can lift you should be lifting. Your lifting should be free weights and should start every session with a squat, bench, deadlift, or OHP.
  4. You do not need to do cardio. I have gotten down to 180 without doing a single minute of cardio. I've also ran a marathon in 4:30:36 and it made me the fattest I had been in 5 years. If you enjoy cardio, do it, but if you dislike cardio then ignore it.
  5. I chew three packs of gum a day and drink an excessive amount of coffee. These are the two things I have found that help me not eat.
submitted by /u/roemer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3wVmoiT

No comments:

Post a Comment