Friday, April 23, 2021

I (160cm F) am over 10k heavier than my (180cm) dad - really struggling

So.
I'm really a daddy's girl and, according to my mother, the only one who can persuade my super stubborn dad into doing things. He has hypertension but refuses any medication and is "too fat" (his words, not mine, trust me) to do any sort of exercise.

His plan regarding his medical condition is to lose weight -> start running again ->his hypertension will fix itself. The issue arose when I asked him how is he planning on losing the aforementioned 5-7kg and got a non-committal "eat less?"

So, we had like an hour-long chat about CICO (he is an engineer through education, and he respected the thermodynamics of it), I even got him to buy a scale and he is now weighting everything! And lost his first pound! So I suppose my intervention has been helpful for him!

The issue arose when he told me his current weight. He, despite being a lot taller and a bloke, is a lot lighter than me. I climbed back onto the scale mid-March and I've managed to hit 110kg. I've lost almost 5kg since, so there's progress but he still is ahead that 10kg.

I cannot explain how disappointed I am with past Magda atm. I let myself to this point and I know that I can fix it. It also didn't help that I've injured my foot and cannot go walking let alone anything more strenuous to help my weight loss and my mental health.

I suppose it is a quick statement of fact more than anything - I need to acknowledge what I've done to myself first. I know how to fix it, but I also know it will take 18-24 months, and I will have to overcome a lot of self-sabotage/negative thoughts to keep on track.

Also, I'm getting evicted so that ain't great either. =C

But for today I am under my calorie goal and it is a Friday, so I suppose there's that? Happy Friday everyone!

submitted by /u/armiinna
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2S3kQDz

No comments:

Post a Comment