Tuesday, April 20, 2021

I need help regarding calorie intake

Hi Everyone! F, 35, 5'0" SW: 240 CW: 230

Calories: According to MFP, I should eat around 1600 calories for roughly 1 lb weight loss a week (1200 for 2 lbs...I cannot maintain that) and I normally hit between 1400-1600 on any given day. I have my activity set as sedentary, and I started trying to lose weight March 1st.

I'm also aiming for about 120g of protein a day.

Exercise: I have taken dance classes for 1 year+, walk 30-60 mins every day for 2 years+ (dog), and then hike 1-2 times a week for 10 years+ (love hiking).

I'm now incorporating 30 mins of strength training 4 days a week and a joint stretching/mobility class specifically for strength training, and I'm about a month into this.

Goals: Weight loss, maintaining lean mass, getting stronger (not necessarily gaining muscle mass but I wouldn't mind that).

I've read a lot of information and it's all very conflicting and confusion, especially in regards to lifting/protein intake/caloric intake.

Does anyone have any advice on how to calculate how many calories I should have in relation to my goals? Or any other recommendations?

Thank you so much! Appreciate you all.

submitted by /u/stop_stopping
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sEQSlI

No comments:

Post a Comment