Friday, April 9, 2021

I think I am finally doing it! Down 11 pounds in 1 month.

I finally believe I have "cracked the code" for weight loss and finally found a solution that works for me. I am bout 60 pounds overweight in total. Usually, I eat heavily processed food, lots of frozen pizza, chocolate etc.

So here are the reasons why I failed before, and now seem to be succeeding:

1. Eat food you like! Before I was eating the most boring healthy food. But this just makes you think more about what you are missing. Make tasty healthy food, lots of veggies, chicken, spices, etc. It tastes just as good, if not better than unhealthy food! You just need to find what YOU enjoy.

I can not stress this point enough, because it has made weight loss a joy. I make healthy wraps with chicken and lots of veggies and spices, and it works for me! There are no particular food groups I do not allow, just eating enjoyable things with a lot of variation that are filling.

2. Walk every day. Not primarily because it makes you lose calories, that is just a bonus. But because it makes you feel so much better, makes you less hungry, reduces stress. 10k steps are what I aim for, and it is truly awesome how good you feel after!

3. Don't be very hungry! Being really hungry is not a good feeling, and will make you lose motivation. Don't be afraid of eating when hungry! Even though it might go a bit over calories allowed.

I do not count calories, I only eat when I feel hungry. Some days that means more meals than other days. And I do not eat when not hungry, or "pre-hungry". I eat when I actually get the sensation of feeling hungry.

4. This is a lifestyle change! Not a diet! If you think of this as a diet, you are doing it wrong. You should replace processed bad food with healthy good food, and stick to that for the rest of your life. If you go back to eating bad food again you will lose. Therefore the importance of finding low-calorie tasty food you enjoy!

Bonus point: For me drinking lots of diet soda and energy drinks with ice has removed all sugar cravings. There has been some discussion if it is healthy or not, but for me, it works. I will probably cut this down over time.

Bonus point 2 How can I have missed that nature's snacks, berries, have so few cals?? They taste amazing.

submitted by /u/makba
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OAfhLf

No comments:

Post a Comment