Friday, April 9, 2021

Stupid question...where is the "water weight" stored since it does not show up in my progress pictures but does on the scale? Motivation for consistency

I have a stupid question but I think it'll help my psychologically understand weight loss better and motivate me to be consistent.

I'm 28F, 5"00, 131 lbs

- Back in September - November 2020 I ran a lot. A mile nearly everyday. My weight was ~131 lbs and it pretty much stayed that way for those couple of months with CICO. I never took progress pics but I have a few photos to look back on.

- In Jan this year, I began adding new strength training routine with same CICO. But this time I decided to way myself each day. I got dejected over the past several week, because my weight wouldn't drop despite eating right + exercising. And that lead me to moody eating and sometimes more starbucks/ fatty stuff or improper eating times than I normally did. I still weigh around ~131 lbs today.

I read up more about water weight in a recent post. I went backed and looked at pics from Sep and now; and I can definitely see that my face is not chubbier and I'm generally more bloated now despite weighing the same. So I'm trying to remember even as weigh myself everyday to not get dejected and instead focus on being consistent and take progress pics.

But as I do that some science may help me along the way: Where does the water weight get stored? Why doesn't it show up in pics but does on the scale? How long does combined weight training + CICO does it take for the water weight to come off and drop pounds?

submitted by /u/nerdcorner
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fWEOK3

No comments:

Post a Comment