Friday, April 9, 2021

I lost 60 pounds and I’m struggling to lose the rest please help.

I’m F25 , 5’1 and 170(ish pounds)

I do Pilates 3 times a week (most times). I do a dance workout (once a week). I walk everyday. I also loosely do intermittent fasting. It’s become a lifestyle for me and doesn’t take much effort.

I’ve been on a weight loss journey for about two years now. I used to be 230 but I’m sure it was higher than that. The scale hasn’t always been my friend so I used to not check it.

my lowest was 150

I started working with a personal trainer back in September or October of 2020 and I started lifting. I got a trainer because I knew I wouldn’t be able to commit to doing it alone. But I also stopped losing weight and started gaining it. I used him til December but didn’t feel like I saw any progress honestly.

I got to a point where I could not get back to 150. Then I was at 165 and it was really hard for me to get below that. Now I struggle to get under 170.

My goal weight is 125.

My activity level has significantly changed because of Covid. I used to dance weekly, as well as do aerial yoga a couple times a month and I was also looking into other things. I also moved and because of the move my life has a been a bit shaky right now.

I gained about 10 pounds when I moved but I’ve been doing my best to lose it. & I’ve come pretty far. Considering I had to do it without a scale. Financially I couldn’t afford it, a lot of my things weren’t with me and I was just a crazy situation.

When I started losing weight I was a strict vegan and then I kind of just figured out what worked for me and that loosened a bit. Now, there are still foods I can’t eat. Soy, dairy, eggs, and there are other things that my body just doesn’t like so I avoid them.

However, I feel like I’m at a really good place mentally. I am not micromanaging what I eat, I am not calorie counting and I’m happy. There is a part of me that has mental peace. A big reason that I even went on this weight-loss journey was because I was feeling sick. So it wasn’t about weight loss at first. I watched a documentary about veganism and how it’s helped a lot of people with sickness so I have it a shot.

Then over time the goal became trying to control my relationship with food. I’ve had a very toxic relationship with food all my life. So stuff like calorie counting simply doesn’t work for me because it can cause me to spiral. However I don’t know how to lose the rest of the weight I need to while not strictly dieting.

Because I also want something livable, does that make sense? So even though it helped me start i need something different if I’m gonna finish.

My problem with strict dieting is it’s not livable. You do it, lose weight, go back to eating how you used to and gain it all back. That’s not what I wanted. So my focus has been having a lifestyle that’s livable.

I couldn’t live as a strict vegan. I also couldn’t live on a strict diet. I am a big foodie it’s a part of my personality. I’m not the person that can eat the same thing every day or the person that only eats food as a way of fueling their body.

But I recognize that 170 is too much for my height. I also have a lot of loose skin and don’t want to get loose skin surgery until I’m at least close to where I want to be.

Also, it’s not like I’m just eating junk all day. There are a lot of things I don’t eat. I barely eat out, I don’t eat fast food, I don’t drink soda, and I really don’t eat candy (made an exception for Easter). Just about everything I eat I make. It’s easier that way especially with all of my food allergies. Obviously, I’m human so I will go out every once in a while but that significantly decreased because of Covid.

Also, I have to be honest with myself. I’m not the kind of person that can commit to going to the gym every single day. Especially not at this place in my life it’s just not feasible. I prefer to do things that are fun. Which is why I dance, do Pilates, that’s why I loved aerial yoga, and why I wanted to try pole dancing. It’s also why I wanted to take up kickboxing. It’s fun and keeps me motivated versus just going to the gym.

However, a lot of those things I can’t do because of Covid but also my current living situation I am not stable yet.

I don’t know what else to do. Mentally I’m at peace but I recognize my weight isn’t where I want it to be. I don’t want to force myself to live on a strict diet because that may cause me to mentally spiral but I want to lose the rest of my weight. Can someone help? Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/HistoricalScreen3214
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3s4jtAO

No comments:

Post a Comment