Friday, April 9, 2021

First triathlon on Sunday - 2 years in the making (M182cm 85kg-62kg)

I've had races cancelled and postponed again and again and again, but finally I'm going to be able to compete in a triathlon this Sunday. I started this sport because a good friend thought it could help me to lose some weight. I fell in love with cycling and finally I'll be able to compete in a triathlon on Sunday. This is a warm up race for the ironman 70.3 I'll be racing one month from today in Da Nang, Vietnam.

I started running in May 2019, got injured a shit ton, but kept going and dieting. Lost over 20kg in 3 months and have maintained since then. My weight loss was probably too fast, but since then I've got stronger and faster and now I don't even think about the calories I'm consuming (unless I know I need to eat more). Deciding to do triathlon has completely changed my life and I can't imagine living without my bikes now. Here's what sport and diet have done to me.. Before deciding to do this competition I hadn't done any sport for almost 20 years. Finding the joy in cycling in particular has been amazing. Counting calories and losing weight is class, but I hope everyone can find something that motivates them to be healthy as much as my sport motivates me.

submitted by /u/Poley_g
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dNAEkN

No comments:

Post a Comment