Friday, April 9, 2021

I’m doing strength training every day and eating at a deficit. Is it normal that I’m hovering around the same weight since February?

  • I know all of the usual advice. Yes, I weigh my food. Yes, I track everything. I’m not perfect, I don’t always stay within my calories but I do make sure not to go above maintenance on those days.

  • I know what plateaus are. I’ve been on lose it for years. This doesn’t feel like a plateau. If it is, it’s happened very early on and it’s extreme for my body.

My question is more around the un-googleable question of “does strength training slow down weight loss?” - if you google that you get a whole lot of unhelpful answers.

My question isn’t “does strength training make you lose weight?” It’s is it possible that I’m simply putting on so much muscle that I’m matching the fat I’m losing with muscle gain?

If I wasn’t losing fat, then surely I’d be putting on weight after 3 months of daily strength training and eating 100g+ protein per day?

Am I going crazy or am I making a mistake somewhere? My weight hasn’t budged up or down more than a pound since early February.

Maintenance is around 2400 a day Daily goal is 1500 cals + 270 cal allowance every day for my protein shake (so 1770 - I know this is weird but it helps me putting it that way)

SW: 228.2 in January CW: 219.2

Exercise: 5-6 days per week of strength training 25-40 mins per day.

Cardio: honestly non-existent at the moment. We’re in lockdown here until Monday and if I walk the same streets again I’m going to effing lose it. So I’ve been putting off cardio until I can start hiking again. (I am already aware that cardio is good for burning fat in the Krebs cycle. But it still wouldn’t account for my lack of weight loss)

Measurements: I measure my body about once every two weeks. I don’t find it extremely helpful because it’s difficult to get consistent readings. There’s been some loss but I wouldn’t call it statistically significant.

submitted by /u/stoicgoblin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31ZO2wO

No comments:

Post a Comment