Friday, April 9, 2021

It's the snacks that get me

After staying at the same weight range 166-168 for over 3 months, I had to really look at my habits and see why I'm maintaining vs. losing. Upon reflection, I think two things were contributing to this. 1) I was not working out with the same intensity as during windows of weight loss 2) I was consuming more calories during snacking than I realized (not by ridiculous amounts, but by enough)

Interestingly, I find eating healthy, portion measured meals relatively easy. I can make good choices that keep me in my target range, not over indulge and feel satisfied for my meals. Now snacks....that's harder for me. My danger zone is around the 4 in afternoon range and that's when I want to snack. I'm drawn to less healthy food choices and I'm really drawn to eating large servings. This is when I think I can easily "mindlessly" eat.

I don't think there's any magic solution other than what I'm doing now which is:

  1. Making sure there's some protein in my snacks
  2. Portioning, weighing and logging in all snacks.
  3. Making sure that snacks are naturally only one serving (like a piece of fruit), prepackaged serving size, or a measured serving before I start eating (no open boxes within arm's reach)
  4. Looking at my total calorie range for the day and preplanning, budgeting my snacks

Anyone have tips/tricks that do to help them with their snacking habits? Also, do you just think the nature of snacking (i.e. snack foods, relaxing in front of your tv) that makes it easy to eat too much?

submitted by /u/MissCmotivated
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3uH77jL

No comments:

Post a Comment