Thursday, April 8, 2021

My boyfriend told me he thought I was hot because I was "heavy". This is my motivation to lose weight.

F 20, 5'1, 160 lbs ~40 lbs overweight

Before puberty, I was a stick. I was chronically underweight and short like many preemie kids are so I never expected that afterwards I would become overweight. There were many moments in my life where I really wanted to lose weight, such as when a little kid I babysat called me heavy (kids are awfully honest, he didn't intend to be mean) or when I couldn't button my nice pair of pants for graduation when I just bought them. The final straw was today when my boyfriend of 2 years admitted he liked me because I was bigger than the other girls. He supports me if I want to lose weight and says he likes my personality too but the idea that his first impression of me was that I was heavy broke my heart.

I am even more frustrated because I eat 2 meals a day and snack on salads and fruit and nuts. I've been trying to eat healthy my whole life, I don't eat fast food or greasy and fried food. My weight gain came out of nowhere (I gained 25 pounds in a year after puberty) and doesn't seem to go away.

I exercise but the idea of group classes mortifies me since I can't keep up with anyone, even people who never worked out before. Whenever I exercise it feels like my lungs are on fire and I can't breathe, even though my muscles are totally fine and want to exercise more. I think this might be because I'm anemic or because as a kid I had asthma.

Does anyone know exercises that help with weight loss but won't make me gasp for breath every other minute? I've been trying weight training because there is a focus on steady breathing and it doesn't make me gasp for air like cardio.

Anything would help. I'm super vulnerable right now and I'm trying to learn to do things better for myself. I want to lose weight to feel happy in my skin, not because it would please people around me. I want to look in the mirror and find myself beautiful.

submitted by /u/release_the_ketchup
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39PNrlJ

No comments:

Post a Comment