Thursday, April 8, 2021

It took a really bad binge for me to finally start losing weight again

long story short, I lost 100lbs in a year, then gained 15 back over about 5 months, and have been maintaining that weight (against my efforts) for about 2 months.

I have been getting frustrated at why I haven't been losing weight. I was happy I wasn't gaining anymore, but still! I was eating healthy but my willpower just wasn't there. I would exercise consistantly then ruin it with midnight snacks. I would count calories and then turn my phone off before eating ice cream. I was so upset with myself.

I remember walking into my old workplace and someone commented on my weight loss, and another person looked me up and down and said "careful, you gain back twice of what you lose!" and I laughed it off at the time but it's been haunting me ever since. It honestly sent me into a bit of a spiral.

I kept falling off the horse and it was getting harder and harder to pull myself back up.

Then Saturday happened. 3 weeks ago. I went a little too far into [1.5 bottles of wine and a whole pizza] and completely threw my "healthy mindset" to the wind. I wasn't around anyone except for my partner, so I didn't make a complete fool of myself, but I woke up the next morning completely hung over and embarassed. I felt like I let myself down. I couldn't eat anything until 3pm, I could barely walk until noon, I messed myself up. But I did feel better. I ate some grapes. I made some soup.

And the next day, I woke up feeling good. I went on a walk, I meal prepped for the next week, hell, this weekend I went on a hike! I've been borrowing my friends dogs and walking them and taking the stairs instead of the elevator. I haven't binged or snacked. I've lost some weight too.

Now, I'm not saying that if you're plateauing/stuck in a rut you should binge drink and then you're magically going to be better. (maybe this story belongs in r/ShittyLifeProTips ) What I am saying is that even if you feel like your up against a wall and there's no way around it, keep trying. Keep getting back up on the horse. I'm not good with analogies. But I got to a low, low place. And finally (after lying to myself about how I'm so motivated and excited to continue this journey) I am out of it. And back on track. And back to losing weight.

I have 40lbs to lose. And I'm doing it. And I'm not going to stop picking myself back up, even if I feel like I don't have it in me anymore.

(also, i'm 21F and 5'5, would love an accountability partner to check in with a few times a week!)

submitted by /u/chunktw0
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mtJCrv

No comments:

Post a Comment