Thursday, April 15, 2021

Not obese anymore - one year later

I started my weight loss journey at the end of March 2020 when the pandemic began. It started because I was walking my sister's dog a lot. He's very energetic and was driving people in our house crazy - he needed to be walked multiple times a day. I was shocked to see weight flying off me!

A year later, I am so, so close to -60lbs (off by 1.2lbs, so I know it's coming within a week). At the very beginning I weighed 240lbs and for my height was hitting the bottom of the morbid obesity range on the BMI. I recognize there are issues with the BMI, but I do use it to measure progress.

As of my current weigh-in, I am not only far away from the morbid obesity range, but I am also OUT of the obesity range. It's taken a bit to sink in for me, because accepting that I was classified as obese took me almost a full year to accept before I started losing weight. So to truly no longer be is really overwhelming - in a wonderful way.

I have been, and continue to lose weight in stages. This is how it worked for me:

  • Long walks, removed liquid calories - first 2 months
  • Stopped eating breakfast, started couch to 5k (it took me about eight weeks to get out of the first week of intervals) - second 2 months
  • OMAD every other day - 3 weeks
  • Unstoppable binge stopped OMAD - 2 weeks
  • 2 month plateau
  • Calorie counting and weighing food - 2 months
  • 3 month plateau (mangled my foot and had to stop running and walking)
  • Mix of OMAD and TMAD (past month)

While the plateaus annoyed me, I took solace in the fact that my weight did not increase. I am now able to run 5ks, have run a 10k and am working on building up to a half marathon!

submitted by /u/Artax_Namdeer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3e9wJPH

No comments:

Post a Comment