Thursday, April 15, 2021

Dieting while on the Spectrum?

I'm currently in the process of being diagnosed with autism, one of the red flags for it being my hyperfixations/all-or-nothing attitude.

I've managed to lose almost 30lbs last year, and have been roughly maintaining/trying not to go up too much since december. Most of the weight loss came from the fact it was all I could focus on, I religiously counted my calories for everything, only ever thought about my next meal, went on long walks etc etc. It got to the point where if I wanted alcohol I'd eat ~800 calories in food and drink the rest in vodka/diet lemonade in the evening (theres ~6 shots in 400 calories, so enough to get a short woman tipsy), and I'd get stressed if I ate something I didn't cook or couldn't find numbers for. I cried over a Chinese takeaway once.

But I've moved on since then. Weight loss no longer consumes my thoughts and it's difficult inputting things as I eat them, let alone using energy denying snacks or picking healthy options all the time. Takeaways, supermarket pastries and snack binges have become more than a 'once in a while' thing and I can't break out of it. How can I get back on track without becoming obsessive over my food again?

submitted by /u/Keekblu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3wZPwWf

No comments:

Post a Comment