Friday, April 16, 2021

NSV: I snacked moderately for the first time in my life

Hi I'm F23, SW 220lbs - CW 150lbs - GW 132lbs. I have started back in October 2020, have been constantly on a strict CICO - 16:8 IF - low carb - completely no sugar diet.

Now the thing is throughout my weight loss journey, I never dared to touch any kind of snack. I am a notorious savage snacker, like I would eat everything in sight no matter if I already feel full or not. I'd just get this annoying feeling where I want to have something to chew on, and I'm addicted to potato chips and sugar popcorn. I'm literally known in my circle of friends that I'm a snack killer so I never dared going near the snack aisle when I was trying to lose weight seriously.

Anyway, recently as I've gotten closer to my goal, I'm slowing down a bit and trying to practice mindful eating to have a healthier relationship with food. I want to control myself instead of restrict myself completely from things that I love. Aaaand I'm on my period so you know, my fellow ladies, the cravings are KILLING me. I bursted into tears at the thought of snacks, so I grabbed myself some low sugar cookies and some chips on my last visit to the supermarket.

I was so scared that I'd overeat, because even on the very few "cheat" meals I've had in my entire journey, I overate every single time. I wanted to throw them away but I hate food waste. So I weighed out one portion of everything, nibbled on that one portion and stopped right at the moment my cravings were soothed, even though I was still not satisfied.

I had 25g mini oreo crunchies (120kcal), a handful of oven baked garlic bread chips (100kcal), and reduce my dinner portion by 100kcal.

I stayed in deficit. For the first time ever I'm not snacking out everything within my arm reach. I'm so fucking proud of myself.

submitted by /u/Tired_Broccoli
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Q0DTxH

No comments:

Post a Comment