Friday, April 23, 2021

NSV: Visibly noticed my weight loss for the first time

F29, 5’0”, SW 168, CW 158, GW 126

In England Covid has meant all non-essential shops were shut from Christmas to 12th April, and in that time I’ve been trying to lose weight. I’m only down 10lbs, but I’ve started running regularly, massively increased my water intake and learned about staying in a calorie deficit. So I’ve been learning healthy habits, but not seeing a huge drop on the scale which has been a bit disappointing.

This week I finally had the chance to go clothes shopping - I have no warm weather stuff, and my current clothes are starting to wear out after so long. So I was in a shop queue waiting to buy something and caught sight of myself in a full length mirror: I looked slimmer! I could see it round my middle and in my legs, and my top looked a little loose on me. I didn’t look massively different but just to appear a bit slimmer was a massive confidence boost. I don’t have any big mirrors at home so it was a nice surprise!

Another smaller victory was buying and feeling comfortable in a pair of jeans; after years of living in leggings as they were comfier on my bigger frame, it felt good to be confident in jeans. It’s always good to see the small changes you make are having an impact!

submitted by /u/whosmilhouse
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32Gsfe3

No comments:

Post a Comment