Sunday, April 11, 2021

Someone help me help my husband, please!

My husband and I have been on a weight loss journey since shortly after our third child was born on Christmas Day last year. At first, the weight fell off of him, losing about thirty pounds in two months of counting calories. In the last few weeks, his weight loss has stalled. Every day that he doesn’t lose anymore weight he vows to cut more and more calories. For the past week or so, he’s been determined to eat fewer than a thousand calories a day. He’s a big guy, 6’1” SW 325ish lbs. I keep telling him he’s probably not eating enough and needs to focus more on what he’s eating (lots of salt) and drinking (too much diet soda and not enough water). Today he announced that he’s not eating anything until he starts to lose weight again. I’ve suggested he speak with a nutritionist or his PCP, I’ve told him to journal his food, I even offer to prepare for him what I’m eating as I’ve steadily been losing 2lbs per week. He’s so discouraged and I’m concerned for his mental health as well. How do I encourage him on our weight loss journey and help him to look at it healthfully? TIA.

submitted by /u/the1andonlykt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3wVoFdZ

No comments:

Post a Comment