Saturday, April 3, 2021

Something I want to share with people that want to eat more and still lose weight.

Hello everyone, I'm new here and want to share some of my experiences of my weight loss journey from 230lb to 157lb.

If you are like me and want to eat a lot while still losing weight, it may be possible, but you will have to put in some serious work with intense workouts. I know many people say outrunning your fork is not great, but from my experience, it truly is and could be very rewarding. Of course, this is mainly for people that have the time and ability to do so!

So, starting out, my TDEE is around 2000 calories per day, and at one time, I used to eat 1800 calories for a few weeks with 40 mins of exercise a day and lost next to no weight every week. I thought I was exercising pretty hard, but apparently not. Fast forward to now, I still eat 1800 calories a day, and even with a massive cheat meal of 3000+ calories every Saturday, I still lose close to 2 pounds a week. I couldn't believe this at first until I realized that it's very consistent across 5 whole weeks and my body seemed to be losing a large amount of actual body fat that has been very stubborn. There was a period of time where I also ate 2400-2500 calories per day and this caused me to gain a pound every week.

So, with all of this information that includes that massive cheat meal days that leave me full the entire day, it's possible I may be burning over 1000 calories a day from pure exercise. I have made no other changes other than increasing the intensity of the exercise by a very large amount.

The exercise is very low-impact and I do it a minimum of twice a day. This allowed me to lose a little over a pound every week despite basically having a full cheat day. I then however increased it to three times a day with the 3rd being much shorter and somewhat less intense. This caused me to lose closer to 2 pounds a week. I even had days where I increased my calories to 2400-2600 and still lost close to 2 pounds by the end of the week.

I'm not very knowledgeable about exercise or anything. I just researched different exercises, performed them for a few days, and watched how my body reacted. It consists of modified Burpees that include 5 close-hand pushups, and 5-10 mountain climbers. After that 15 High Knees, 10 Jumping Jacks, and a modified version of shadow boxing that really works my upper and lower body by doing small hops very often, which keeps my heart rate sky high with a rest time of only 5-10 seconds after reaching failure.

I believe the key to burning a huge amount of calories is in keeping your heart rate VERY high for as long as possible. To achieve this for someone not very fit, you do lower intensity exercises that you can safely push yourself to do with ease. For me, this is the modified shadow boxing and Jumping Jacks. Both of these alone can keep my heart rate very high if I only allow a rest time of 5-10 seconds. I also lift very heavy weights(for me) 10 reps in between my workouts about 2-3 times, but I have doubts that this makes much of a difference, but I know it helps me keep the muscles I've built over the year. The workouts last 25-35 mins each. Once in the morning and once in the evening. My whole journey was done right in my own home.

I know this is really long and I'm sorry, I'm not the best with things like this. I just wanted people to know that it is possible to eat a lot more than you think you can and still lose a noticeable amount of weight each week.

I'm not sure if I have become a much fitter person and the average person cannot do this, but it's really easy for me to do and I tend to avoid overdoing hard exercises in favor of keeping my heart rate up with easier ones.

I was previously just some near obese gamer guy that ended up falling in love with exercising. This is the first time that exercise actually seems to be making a huge impact on my weight loss in the 2 years that I have been losing weight. Nowadays, I just eat to fuel my workouts, mostly because I'm scared that the workouts could make me burn too many calories and cause issues.

This probably didn't come out great, but I hope it may help someone that enjoys exercising!

submitted by /u/Scarla21
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cKoA4G

No comments:

Post a Comment