Monday, April 12, 2021

struggles with weight loss

i had been struggling with weight loss ever since i was 9? my friends and my parents used to wait for us outside school and fed us with ice cream, nuggets, anything that has really high calories almost every day. to be very honest ive always regretted it since i was 14, because it was then i realised that those unhealthy food intakes everyday after school for 3 years straight was the first reason of my weight gain. now, when i was 12 (also the last year that i have those daily unhealthy snacking) i weighed around 55 kilograms. thats awfully lot considering that it was considered obese already. as i proceed on to secondary school, i was afraid of doing exercises because i fell on my back when i was 7 and it left a mental scar on me, even till this day. and obviously it didnt help with awful classmates that had alws taunted me of my weight, making me very self conscious thoughout the 4 years in secondary school. every year i would steadily gain approximately 2-3 kilograms, and by the end of secondary school 2 years ago, i was at 81kilos. and because of national exams at the end of secondary school, i had decided to put off losing weight when i finished all of my examinations, also because of how my parents would constantly be telling me to eat.

i worked for 2 months aft my exams, and i did end up losing 2 kg, and remained 79 for probably a few months. then as the time went by and covid last year, i slowly lost weight, till i was 74 kg end jan this year. all was good until chinese new year. damn those cny snacks! i gained 5kg back, and was @ 79kg just 3 weeks ago. obv i was not happy, so i decided to lose some weight that i gained back. doing dance workouts in secret because i hated when anyone ask me questions abt what im doing and eating meal replacements that has less calories than wtv my mom is making.

now the thing is that ive been on a calorie deficit for 3 days now, and im at 77.5kg (the last i weighed myself this morning) and i came back from work really hungry (school holidays rn) and guess what! my mom cooked some pork belly (that has soo much fats in it), steamed bun that barely has nutrition and nothing else. idk i might sound like an ungrateful ass right now, but i guess the least i could expect was some support from my family? not my dad joking abt how im growing sideways? not my mom cooking food that i shouldn't really be eating? damn its always so demoralising when they do these things. im really having it tough but all they cld think is that asian shaming works awesome.

im 18f singaporean so dont mind my broken english/singlish rn

submitted by /u/luciuseen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/327HE6K

No comments:

Post a Comment