Friday, April 2, 2021

Stuggling With The Same Weight For Years..

Hi there, I'm new here. I've been struggling with my weight loss and I thought I'd give it a shot and come here.

I'm a 5'1" 22F and currently stuck between 81kg(178ibs) and 83kg(182ibs). I have a BMI of 33.3 and considered moderately obese.

I was always overweight as a kid but was put in competitive swimming from the ages of 10 to 13. I was fit, healthy and the ideal weight for my age and height at the time. I moved overseas and due the new school, new country and no friends I developed an eating disorder.

I carry most of my weight mainly in my thighs, hips and stomach. I carry a noticeable amount under my arms, back and face. If I wear the right clothes I look like I'm "curvy in the right places" and I don't look overweight. But I cry whenever I can't fit a dress or a pair of pants that are supposed to be my size.

Things I have been doing to control my weight: - I have been going to the gym ainxe last year. On average 1.5hrs a day at least 3 days a week. On a good week I do all 5 days. On a bad week I skip the whole week.

  • Pilates. My go to is Blogilates.

  • Portion and carb control. I still have enough healthy carbs but I mostly try to avoid them. Even with junk food/takeout.

  • Seen a psychologist to talk about my comfort eating, stress eating, and my emotional shut downs.

  • Walk as much as I can. My job consist of a lot of walking.

  • Intermittent fasting.

My bad habits: - Snacking/emotional eating - Getting takeout when I'm too tired from work to cook - Mess up sleep schedule - Skipping gym

My boyfriend and I are going through this fitness journey together but it doesn't help when I'm trying to lose weight while he's trying to gain weight/muscle. He has a fast metabolism and eats twice almost three times my portion. I have noticed physical changes such as my bat wings reducing and noticeable glute/thigh definition but my scales still tells me the same thing.

I tell myself it's probably me gaining muscle but I can only tell myself that so much before I feel like I'm lying to myself.

I don't know what else to do... what have you guys done when you're stuck?

submitted by /u/Insomniartful
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PRn9bo

No comments:

Post a Comment