Monday, April 12, 2021

The quarantine fifteen became the quarantine twenty five.

So, last March when people started joking about everyone gaining weight I puffed up my chest and decided that wouldn’t be me. I logged my calories, got outside for a walk everyday. Did pretty well, managed to lose a few pounds.

Then came summer and no end in sight to the pandemic. I don’t like working from home. First world problem, I know, but the isolation was getting to me. I enjoy my social office. I let the good habits slide a little. Maybe in the new year. Then the new year came and it was clear I wouldn’t get back to work until a vaccine was out and widely distributed. (I’m in Canada, so I’m looking at late summer probably). I stopped going for walks in the cold winter. I stopped logging my calories. I noticed some weight gain. I figured maybe 10 pounds.

I stepped on a scale yesterday. 25 pounds. Three ish years work of weight loss (I’m not a fast loser) undone. I feel so disappointed with myself.

I know it’s not a linear path and today was #1 of a fresh start. I’ll get there. Back to work in 5 or 6 months. That’s time to be able to fit into my work clothes again. Just putting this out there for anyone in the same boat. It’s not a failure. It’s just a blip on the chart.

submitted by /u/Thebexxa
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dcBnwT

No comments:

Post a Comment