Monday, April 19, 2021

Those of you who have lost weight and then put it back on, what's the most important lesson you've learned?

For me, it's the fact that discipline is nothing if you don't have a personally meaningful goal, and can be outright harmful if your body is trying to tell you that it can't keep up yet you keep at it.

I'm now within 3kg of putting the 18kg I lost in 2019 back on. Given how shockingly poor I felt even during my month of maintenance with minimal physical activity at my lowest weight, I don't think I'll want to give it another shot for the foreseeable future. I could stick with it all I wanted because being disciplined was the easy part, but with no source of motivation that I actually care about it was just making me more and more miserable. My body's struggles during the maintenance period were so severe that my stress levels skyrocketed - not only did I become weirdly paranoid and start getting regular night terrors, but it ultimately became a major contributing factor to the loss of my previous job as well. I am now under no illusions whatsoever that the journey, if I ever go through it again, is ever going to be anything other than the worst part of the weight loss process.

submitted by /u/dniwehtotnoituac
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3x5Gcju

No comments:

Post a Comment