Monday, April 19, 2021

Long Covid and weight loss

I got covid quite badly in December. I was very obese at the time and had high cholesterol, it hit me hard for a 25 year old. I recovered after a few weeks but I completely lost my sense of taste and smell and it has never returned properly. I also have other long covid symptoms such as fatigue, muscle pain etc.

It woke me up to how bad my health situation was (270lb as a 6ft male) and the fact that I couldn't taste anymore helped. All the junk food I used to love now tastes kind of like sulphur. Meat tastes rotten. Cheese makes me gag. Bread tastes like nothing, but I now hate the texture.

It's miserable. There's something so wrong about eating food and having it taste of nothing. But I decided to use it to my advantage and since mid December I've lost nearly 80 pounds.

I just eat or drink water until the hunger pain goes away but I never eat until I'm full anymore. My stomach has shrunk I think. I don't track calories but it's not a lot. I don't eat much high calorie foods, mostly just fruit and vegetables.

One bad thing is that I feel tired a lot and my lungs still haven't recovered from covid, despite all the weight loss I still can't run without getting out of breath and I get that uncomfortable feeling in my lungs.

I'm very pleased with my weight loss and I want to keep it up until I reach my goal weight but I'm not sure what to do then.

I'm worried if/when my taste comes back that the weight will come back too.

Not sure what I'm asking for here but I'd like some advice on how to handle this situation.

submitted by /u/tyronn9
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QDismc

No comments:

Post a Comment