Saturday, April 3, 2021

What’s something you always thought was healthy and/or low calorie as a kid and wasn’t?

As a child, I was overweight and my parents (particularly my mother) led me to believe certain things were healthy or low calorie/filling. When I was hungry, my mother would tell me to have a slice of American cheese or a sugary granola bar (think Nature’s Valley). Then those 90 calorie brownies and whatnot, though low calorie, aren’t healthy or helpful. It wasn’t until I was about 14 that I learned that these things weren’t healthy or that they actually hurt weight loss. My mother would give me these things to ENCOURAGE weight loss and instead it caused me to gain more weight. She also loved feeding me lean cuisines and similar products, and while they’re portion controlled, are hardly healthy.

Another thing is artificial sweeteners, while sweeteners like Stevia aren’t “bad” per say, they do cause your body to crave sweet foods and cause insulin confusion, often resulting in bingeing sweet food. Other foods that actually are healthy I had no idea were high in calories. My mother would freak out if I used a tiny bit of regular butter but then would DROWN food in olive oil. Also, avocado and pesto have a crazy amount of calories per serving. Whole avocados for example are healthy and are a great part of a main course (think avocado toast, etc) avocados are way too many calories to be a snack.

submitted by /u/No-Possibility6776
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cK1VoU

No comments:

Post a Comment