Thursday, July 7, 2022

70+ pounds down alot more to go

Started this journey 2 years ago decided enough was enough so I bought a scale... Oh boy I was not prepared! The last time I weighed in I was around 300 I thought.... So No way I've gained that much right? Wrong!! stepped on the brand new scale after eating a delicious roburrito burrito mind you and clocked in at 358 pounds......wow I thought.... This scale is junk that can't be right. Sure enough my roommate at the time stepped on the scale and went "wow I've lost weight". Forgot to mention my old roommate is around the same age and height as me. Sooooo the scale was right and I knew I had to do something! So I went all out losing 30 pounds in a couple months going to the gym everyday and it worked.....well at first.... I gave up! fell into old habits again... and shot back up in weight to almost the exact same weight I started at! I was hovering around 350 pounds, my pulse and bp were through the roof, and I felt like shit all the time!..... mind you I'm only 24! So I decided I can't stick to a strict diet and exercise plan and decided to focus on cico and eat whatever I want! Surprise! that didn't really work either. So after gaining and losing the same 10 pounds, and Seeing multiple physicians and therapists I had multiple huge life changing events rock my world....it has changed my whole perspective on how I approach weight loss now. I decided I'm no longer losing weight because I don't want things to happen to me (type 2 diabetes, heart disease, liver disease, etc...) but rather I wanted to be healthy, I wanted to feel comfortable In my own skin, I want to be around for my family!..... Everything has changed, and my whole relationship with food is completely different. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you have to aproach weight loss with the right mindset, and more than half the battle Is mental....the sooner you find out why you eat like you do the sooner you can make the lifestyle changes to fix it, And thanks to my new lifestyle I am well on my way to my goals! Oh I almost forgot to tell you my current weight is 272 and still dropping! My pulse and bp are all back to normal, and I feel soo much better than I did when I was 358! Hopefully I can come back to this post when I reach my goal weight and reflect on what an amazing journey this has been.

submitted by /u/Musicguy420
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Wz9Biqx

No comments:

Post a Comment