Thursday, July 7, 2022

Thoughts on Prescription Pills 💊

What are your thoughts on prescription pills for weight loss? My psychiatrist was concerned about my steady weight gain over time, despite efforts to lose weight. She prescribed me a very low dose of topamax.

For perspective, I struggle with bipolar disorder. I am also on lithium and abilify. Both are HUGE appetite boosters, at least for me. I have tried counting calories in the past, but I have failed, because my hunger pangs would just get in the way.

I'm on Day 2 of the topamax. So far, my head hurting has made me want to eat less. 😂 I'm also logging what I eat in the Lose It app--not so much with the goal of counting calories, but just to get an idea of what I eat (for now anyway).

I'd love to hear your thoughts and perspectives on this. As a side note, I am NOT a proponent of OTC weight loss supplements. In fact, I'm not even sure how I feel about prescription weight loss pills. Feels kinda like a cop out to me. Idk how else to explain it.

submitted by /u/ellijustice
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/b4p5kWg

No comments:

Post a Comment