Thursday, July 7, 2022

Take the progress pictures!

When I first started my weight loss journey at 277 lbs (5'6 F, 32 years old) I HATED the idea of progress pictures but did it to push myself. As weight came off I noticed the scale move quickly.

As I have lost more weight, as for most people, progress is slower in regards to the number on the scale. I weight train and do HIIT at F45, and my trainers are always pushing me to stop focusing on my weight because it's only one indicator, particularly when building muscle. But we are SO conditioned to that number and where we want it to be.

These pictures are from April to July of this year. There is only a 9 lb difference between them, but the difference seems more. Seeing this progress for myself, I'm finally accepting the number DOESNT tell the full story.

I wanted to post because I know so many of us struggle with photos and avoid them.

But take the picture. You will be glad you did!

(https://imgur.com/a/PSvKx50)

submitted by /u/awkwardlyexercising
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/47oCpjs

No comments:

Post a Comment