Saturday, July 9, 2022

A taker of Before Pictures but not taking action (so far)

The past 3 weeks or so, I’ve calculated my TTDE and have taken a lot of solid Before Pictures in mirrors from various angles.

But that’s it.

I seem to be stuck on meal planning, making a shopping list, and meal prep. I have a great neighborhood where I could go on walks. I have and am familiar with MFP and how to use it. I even have a food scale.

There is nothing in my way except myself!

My Big Reason comes from seeing how diabetes and related consequences like heart disease, neuropathy, toe amputations, and kidney failure/dialysis has wrecked my father at 66. I don’t want that. You’d think that would be enough, right?

So why can’t I take those first steps? I have all the tools and knowledge to do this.

Not using this as an excuse but I have bad ADHD and am medicated for it (ugh my Adderall has been useless in the weight loss side effect department). I have massive trouble goal setting, even when I’m capable of breaking a goal into tiny steps.

Maybe I get overwhelmed and have Analysis Paralysis. My husband does not understand why I can’t just Do The Thing already. I’m aware that even typing this out could have been spent making a list.

Any tips translating this knowledge in my head into actual action getting started and keeping organized while I do a sub search for this topic? Maybe you also have sucky executive functioning and have experience?

submitted by /u/p143245
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/6DrmG4u

No comments:

Post a Comment