Monday, July 4, 2022

Lost 150lb and now it seems like my body refuses to give up an ounce of weight. Rant involved

Hey loseit fam. F24, 5'9" HW:398lb, cw:248lb, GW: 175-185lb

So in the past 20 months I managed to lose 150lb with exercise and being in a calorie deficit. I was losing an average of 6-8lb per month but the past few months it got reduced to 5-7lb (which I was still happy with) and now in the past 2 months its been 3lb a month. Im aware that the smaller we get the less we lose but I wasnt expecting this slowdown until like 20-ish pounds away from my goal weight.

Let me make it known that I also have pcos which is a hormonal imbalance syndrome. But the thing is it never got in thr way of my weight loss until recently. I have been talking to multiple girls who are also on their weight loss journeys and they have been telling me their calorie deficits and im shocked.

One girl weights 120lb at 5'4", works out all the time and her tdee is 2400 while her deficit is 1900.

Another friend of mine is 5'5", workouts 4 times a week and her deficit is 1600.

Im 5'9" at 249lb, I workout 4 times a week and move alot while consuming less carbs and my deficit is at 1600 (although the past 2 weeks ive gained weight-like bruh).

SO im like shocked. Ik I have a condition that they dont have but there is no hard evidence that pcos impacts metabolism to this extent. Im frustrated. I have tried making my deficit higher because "maybe Im not eating enough" but im maintaining at 1700-1800. I should be losing fast weight on 1600 yet im Stuck and on a plateau that wont seem to move. Ive been doing research forever. I even went to a dietitian to help me but I didnt get any answers. Im frustrated. I want to lose another 50lb so I can have skin removal surgery (the surgeon said they typically like doing it 20lb away from the goal weight).

Sorry for the long rant. I just wanna start my life but these last 50lbs and lose skin are stopping me and Im just so over it. It feels like Im doing everything right but Im not getting any results these days.

submitted by /u/zahimahi97
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ZTmejVW

No comments:

Post a Comment