Saturday, September 3, 2022

Is a "weight loss doctor" the same as an endocrinologist who focuses on obesity? Which one do I need?

So, I have a very serious weight problem and have for around 10 years. I'm a male in my 20s with a BMI higher in the high 50s. For various reasons, I've had occasional success in losing weight. Currently, I am doing ADF, with no caloric restriction. I fall off the wagon sometimes, but get back on. Just last year, when I managed to keep myself on ADF with an 8000-10000 weekly caloric budget, I dropped 50 lbs in around 70 days. I am seeing much weaker gains (losses?) now.

My new doctor, who is my old doctor who began taking insurance (complicated), is insisting I see an endocrinologist who focuses on obesity. My old doctor (other one) has already sent me to a very, very famous "weight management" doctor, who did not do much for me except educate me on some things ("sticky metabolism", etc.). He put me on ozempic and qsymia, but I didn't see much success in that (I can explain why, if someone is interested).

Mostly, I complained to my doctor that I am frustrated how I need to put in 100 units of input as effort to get 10 units of output. He suggested I speak with an endocrinologist who specializes in obesity (he has sent me to two non-specialized endocrinologists before, who said they couldn't be of more help). But now he wants me to see an endocrinologist with a specialization in obesity. Is this going to be another weight management doctor like the famous one, or will this be a bit different?

Thanks

submitted by /u/JeanPaulItsArt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/wOytu06

No comments:

Post a Comment