Monday, September 17, 2018

Overthinking my roommates comments on weight loss

I’ve been following this sub for a while for motivation but this is my first post so bare with me. I’m not sure if this belongs here but I just needed to get it off my chest.

I’ve been overweight for a while now but have never been able to commit to a plan on how to change that. Recently I’ve been doing a lot better and when I weighed myself a couple days ago I realized I was actually at the lowest weight I’ve been at in a while. I was really proud of myself and told my roommate how I had lost more weight that I thought that I did (not a ton, but it’s a start).

I was hoping she would be happy about it, because she knows how much I dislike the way I look and that I am trying to make healthier decisions, but instead she just said “I don’t understand why people are happy when they lose weight, it’s just a number.”

I know that she didn’t mean this to be mean, but as someone who has been struggling with my weight for a while, this really stung. I’m just trying to be healthier and she acts like it’s no big deal that I am actually working toward that goal. I was really excited to actually be getting somewhere but her comment kind of makes it feel like it’s not even worth it because it is “just a number”

I don’t know, it might just be me being over sensitive but I needed to vent for a minute.

submitted by /u/abnorco17
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OETZ9W

No comments:

Post a Comment