Thursday, September 13, 2018

Trying to really figure out how to lose weight

I've been trying to lose weight a little under a month now, and it's discouraging. Back at the end of April when I went to the Hospital, I weighed 265 pounds. Recently, I've been trying to lose weight starting like 3 weeks ago...and after weighing myself, I weigh 266.6 pounds. I don't know how much I weighed in between April-August, but it just feels like I failed. I do have a good support system though as I have friends tell me that they're noticing weight loss(They're actually just being nice. I could probably gain 100 pounds and they'd still probably say the same thing lol)

I've been working on my diet. I've switched out soda with mostly water. Instead of ice cream, cookies, chips(Which I could eat all 3 in one sitting back when I didn't care) I'm eating more fruits, veggies, and berries. Eating more salads too. Exercise wise, I'm doing the best I can. I usually walk at least 2 miles a day(And usually more as I work retail and I'm moving all day). I do weight training...but it's most with my roommates dumbbell set(Weight only goes up to 25). Thinking about joining the gym next month

I'm using the MyFitnessPal app and I figure that maybe my diet sucks. I don't go over my recommended amount...in fact I struggle with the opposite. I struggle reaching their recommended 1500 calorie per day thing. I'm used to eating 1 meal a day for the most part...there were/are days that I'll go to McDonalds and get a couple burgers and a drink...and that'll be the only thing I eat that day(Note I don't do that that often) and even some days when my only meal would be 2 big bowls of cereal. Maybe I'll have a snack later, but nothing big. Not sure if my metabolism is just fucked because of that(I've been doing the 1 meal thing for a while). I know I need to start cooking, but every recipe that I enter in that app doesn't really fit. Yesterday, I only had 1411 calories. Today, I splurged on pizza and had 2300(MFP wants me to reach 3300) so even that is almost 1K short. I just can't think of how to get to the 2500 range with any diet. Despite this, I'm just not losing weight

So, I'm looking at suggestions for things I could try and/or maybe alter. I know I need to eat better...but...how. Trying to figure out how to spread out my meals(or maybe find time to add new ones) but it's pretty hard when I sometimes don't get a break at work and don't always have time for breakfast in the morning. And how do I quicken my metabolism? I've read a bunch of weight loss articles on google...and it's all about how to lose weight fast, lose 10 ibss a week for life(I just want to lose 1 pound at this point dammit lol) or these weird hyper diets that don't fit my nutritional needs. Thus, I'm hoping the fine people of Reddit can help. At least some advice.

submitted by /u/NanoBuc
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CWifTX

No comments:

Post a Comment